Mission & Vision
Ohio City Incorporated endeavors to develop, preserve, and promote our diverse, historic, urban community as a desirable place to live, work, study, play and worship by:
- Facilitating the creation of vehicles for community problem solving and informed neighborhood input into residential, commercial, and institutional development planning;
- Developing or assisting the development of quality new and rehabilitated homes for all income levels;
- Developing or assisting the development of quality retail, office, institutional and industrial properties;
- Preserving the historic character of the neighborhood.
Ohio City Incorporated strives to be a recognized national model for community development corporations that shape and impact their respective neighborhoods by:
- Stimulating high-impact development projects, rehabilitating distressed assets, and repositioning under-utilized public spaces;
- Developing earned income revenue streams, proactively measuring programming return on investments and creating financially sustainable funding operations;
- Maximizing collaborative relationships to realize efficiencies across funding streams and human capital resources;
- Focusing on a community-inclusive approach to maximize volunteerism and engagement, and developing governance policies that position the organization to thrive generation after generation.